We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Legal basis for processing
We must have a lawful basis for processing your information; this will vary on the circumstances of how and why we have your information. We rely on:
- Your consent being given for one or more specific purposes
- The processing being necessary performance of a contract between us
- The processing being necessary to comply with a legal obligation e.g. providing information to governmental or regulatory bodies
- The processing being necessary for our legitimate interests e.g. to send our business customers and contacts information about our products and services, to make our services more efficient, to develop our product offerings or to carry out fraud prevention activities
We do not process any special categories of information i.e. information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or trade union membership, genetic data, processing of biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying individuals, health data, or data concerning your sex life or sexual orientation, but if we do, we must have a further lawful basis for the processing and tell you what that basis is.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. This may include transferring your information outside of the European Economic Area.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you;
- third party organizations which process data for us and on our behalf. These third parties may be based (or store or process information) in the UK or elsewhere including outside of the EEA. As with many businesses, these third parties may include third party IT platforms (including cloud-based platforms), suppliers of administrative and support services and suppliers of other specialist products.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Ocean Insight, or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.